Electronics and Communication Department of GEC, Patan provides technology,
rich academic environment, enabling the students to attend the highest levels
of excellence as a professional in this area. It offers four year of under
graduate course in Electronics and Communication Engineering. The department
has acquired excellent infrastructure, experienced faculty and fast facility
for research purpose, ensure student to polish their skills and output from
their contemporaries. The Electonics and Communication Department established
with the institute in 2004. It is the most popular branch content maximum
number of seats in any states and generating maximum job opportunity. Electronics and Communication Department comprises of the subjects mainly AC
analog Electronics, Digital Electronics, Electrical machines, Analog and
Digital communication, Fiber optic communication, Microwave and antenna
engineering, Computer hardware and networking, Microprocessor and
Microcon- troller, Advance and wireless communication, VLSI all above area
includes with elective subjects.
prepare Electronics and Communication engineers with value based competency for
technical advancements and growth of the society.
To prepare the competent engineers with ability to solve industrial problems
who can raise the living standards of the society.
2. To prepare engineers with effective communication skills, professional ethics and leadership qualities.
Programme Educational Objectives:
1.To identify and analyze real life problems and offer solutions those are technically sound, socially acceptable and economical.
2. Accumulate sound technical knowledge that enables to pursue higher professional education.
3. To develop communication and managerial skills, leadership skills, professional ethics, and creative thinking.
1.An ability to apply knowledge of computer, mathematics, science and
engineering fundamentals for solution of engineering problems.
2. An ability to identify problems and apply appropriate knowledge to rectify them.
3. An ability to design, simulate and troubleshoot the circuits.
4. An ability to design a system that meets the requirement of public safety and offers solutions to social and environmental concerns.
5. Able to design and perform experiments and analyze, synthesize and interpret data.
6. An ability to use current techniques, resources and modern tools for engineering activities.
7. An ability to analyze local and global impact of Electronics and communication on individual, organization and society.
8. Ability to perform effectively as a member or leader in multi disciplinary teams with professional ethics and responsibilities.
Students can learn the following subjects in this LAB: Electronics
Devices & Circuits, Circuits and Networks, Analog Circuit Design, Design
Engineering, Power Electronics Devices and Circuits, Electronics workshop,
Analog Circuit Design.
Lab is equipped with equipments & instruments like: Analog Trainer kits, Digital Trainer Kits, General Purpose trainer kits, op-amp trainer kits, Power supplies, DSOs, CROs and Function Generators.
Students can learn the following subjects in this LAB: Control System
Engineering, Signals and Systems, Data Communication and Networking Mini
project, Simulation and Design Tools, Project – I, Project – II.
Lab is equipped with latest computer system and simulation tools.
Students can learn the following subjects in this LAB: Analog and
Digital Communication, Optical Communication, Wireless Communication and Audio
Lab is equipped with equipments
& instruments like : Digital communication Trainer kits, Analog communication trainer kits, GSM trainer kits,
The Students can learn the following subjects in this LAB: Microwave
Engineering, Satellite Communication, Antenna & Wave Propagation, and Radar
& Navigational Aids.
Students can learn the subjects like: Digital Electronics,
Microprocessor /Microcontroller and Interfacing Advanced Microprocessor,
Lab is equipped with Digital Electronics Trainer, 8085 Microprocessor
trainer kits with I/O boards, 8051/PIC microcontroller trainer kits, Arduno,
ARM7, Cortex, IoT, RaspberryPI, Beeglebone development boards, GPIO,I2C,
SPI,GSM, Thermal printer